নদীর নাম আত্রেয়ী

|| The Love Knot || Chapter 4: Phase of Hassle Hearts



Chapter 4
Phase of Hassle Hearts

That night lying on his bed he went over the conversation again and again. Things didn't go well though.

Nandita, on the other end, was surprised and shocked. She didn't believe that he just proposed her. She couldn't figure out what to say. She recalled the last time she tried love, it was a horrible experience for her. She remembered the way her ex treated her and how she decided to never fall for someone or be in any kind of relationship ever again. She became numb thinking about it.

*Flashback*

“Say something, please,” he begged.

She sucked in her breath and then let it escape in a sigh. She tried to calm herself down.

“I'm sorry. I don't know what to say,” she said clearing her throat.

“ I love you. I don't know how it happened. You are always in my mind and all the time i keep thinking about you. My eyes search for you when you are not online. My heart aches when i Can't contact you. Everywhere I go, everything I look at, i don't see anything but you. Before i met you, i was not familiar with the feeling of love. But now i came to know what love is and all i can think about is you and only you. So, please for god shake, say something,” he said in a breath. He was breathing too fast now.

“Wow!” she exclaimed. She was overwhelmed.

“I didn't know you had such strong feelings for me,” she said.

“Not your fault. I never said it. But they are there, What do you want me to do?” he asked.

“Look you are a great guy. Any girl would find herself lucky to be with you. Trust me, I'm not the girl you want. You deserve much better than me,”

“Yeah? You bet,”

“I really like you a lot but I'm sorry. I can not be in a relationship with anyone. I don't want to lose you. Please don't be sad,”

“Ummm….hmmmmm!” He nodded

“Best friends?” she asked smiling

He felt like this whole world was torn apart. His heart was in his mouth. He wanted to be sad. But he smiled and said, “ we'll always be best friends.”

*Flashback ends*

Fortunately, Nandita had a annoying younger brother, with whom she was able to share anything. So her brother, Sourish was not unknown about that Gujarati boy. And was mature enough to sense that all is not well between the two of them.

Annoy your sister until she gets frustrated upon you. It's a birthright for every brother who has a sister. And Sourish was no different. So he keep annoying her by asking about him and what was the problem between them. One thing he knew that this guy is way much better than the previous fault of his sister. And the reason behind such faith is that Veeraj is exactly what Sourish, himself is, Quite, Not much talkative. Moreover, Veeraj had Gentility, Modesty.

Veeraj's heart was broken. He went into complete silent mode. She felt sick about it. She knew he is a great guy and he had done no wrong, but he wasn't feeling good. And she held herself responsible for it. She tried to console him. She wanted to cheer him up, so she started sending him motivational quotes which she downloaded from internet and started tagging him in those quotes on Facebook and Instagram. All she wanted to see that pretty curve on his face, his smile.

Still the first thing she used to do in the morning was sending him the 'Good Morning’ text.

“Bro, she said good morning,” he told Manish, his cousin.

“Don’t reply,” Manish suggested.

“Why? Won't it be rude?”

“Bro, I'm telling you, don't talk to her and stay as away as you can from her,”

“Hein…????” Veeraj was confused.

“હું તમને સત્ય કહું છું(i’m telling you the right thing),”

“Ok, let me teach you some human psychology today,”

“No. Please don't,” he knew, once he gets started, it's almost impossible to stop him.

“Arreeee listen! મને સાંભળો,"

“Okay.. Okay.. tell me,”

“So, you are in love with her, which basically makes you a moron,”

“Are you demented?”

“Let me finish Bro. So where was i.. yeahh.. you are a moron, but i won't judge you. Like you did. Anyway, if you'll keep talking to her, your feelings for her will keep getting intense and when she won't feel the same way about you, it'll make you feel miserable only. So my dear Slain, don't talk to her,”

“Yeaaahhh! You are right. But f*** you, I'm replying to her,”

(WhatsApp)

“Morning. How are you?”

“I'm good. Hw r u?”

“I’m good too,”

He typed something. She typed something. He waited for her message. She waited for his message. But none of them sent anything. Once again, the awkwardness took over their friendship. Their long WhatsApp chats go shrinked to just 'Good mornings’ and 'Goodnights’. They didn't take much time to become strangers again. Everything was changed, except one thing  which remained the same is his Love. His love for her.

Comments