নদীর নাম আত্রেয়ী

Satyajit Ray- The Genius


"Simplicity is the Greatest sophistication"

And Satyajit Ray Resonates this philosophy by Da Vinchi.

I was introduced to Ray very early in life with characters like Feluda, Anathbabu, Tarinikhuro, Bankubabu and of course Prof. Shanku. Each story had their own way to amaze me astound me.

He was way more ahead of his time. The Pride of all of us. The little details he put on his stories, may look simple but actually were steeped in subtexts, deeper meanings and universal messaging.

"The Alien" a film that Ray wants to create, but somehow it wasn't made anymore. Apparently after couple of years Stephen spielberg made "ET" with the same concept Ray came with. As i said Ray was way more ahead of his time.

However my understanding of Ray's genius stayed limited to his children's films like Sonar kella, Hirak rajar dese. I was in my late twenties when I first began watching Ray's work and started the journey with a short film called "Two" on YouTube. And later Explores some of his genius.

I've been writing stories and in my writing i try to imbibe Ray's approach of being simple.

Remembering our legend, Inspiration for so many on his 99th Birth Anniversary💐

Comments